Gentry, Thomas lead South Dakota to 92-70 routJan 29, 2010 - 5:05 AM HOUSTON(AP) -- Roman Gentry scored 22 points and Jake Thomas 21 as South Dakota defeated Houston Baptist 92-70 on Thursday.
Tyler Cain added 12 points, eight rebounds and a season-high eight blocks for the Coyotes (11-9, 3-1 Great West). Louie Krogman scored 14 points, and Kendall Cutler had 10 points and five assists.
South Dakota shot 52 percent (32 of 62) from the field, including 9 of 17 from 3-point range.
Houston Baptist (3-16, 2-1) shot just 35 percent (28 of 80) from the field. Andrew Gonzalez led the Huskies with 26 points, and Mario Flaherty added 17.
Houston Baptist led 12-5 in the first six minutes before Thomas hit a 3-pointer to spark a 14-2 Coyotes run. South Dakota closed the first half on a 13-6 run to take a 48-33 at the break.
Both teams committed 19 turnovers.
- NCAA BB
SOUTH DAKOTA 92
HOUSTON BAPTIST 70 FINAL
Jan 28 11:15 PM
- NCAA BB
SOUTH DAKOTA 48
HOUSTON BAPTIST 33 HALFTIME
Jan 28 10:05 PM
- IPFW beats South Dakota 86-70 in Summit League quarterfinal Mar 5
- South Dakota takes down Florida Gulf Coast 89-81 in OT Dec 28
- Houston Baptist tops NCCAA Crowley's Ridge 102-62 Nov 16
- Michigan buries Houston Baptist Dec 7
- Huskies come calling on 22nd-ranked Wolverines Dec 7
- South Dakota names James interim coach Sep 7
- South Dakota's Tecker to miss senior season Apr 16
- Chicago State victorious in Great West Conference championship Mar 17
- Huskies, Cougars set for Great West title clash Mar 16
- No. 25 KSU turns it on late, beats South Dakota Dec 31
- South Dakota comes calling on Kansas State Dec 31
- No. 19 Gonzaga thumps South Dakota Nov 18