Jacksonville beats North Florida 73-61Jan 30, 2010 - 3:28 AM JACKSONVILLE, Fla.(AP) -- Lehmon Colbert scored 22 points and Jacksonville won its ninth straight game with a 73-61 victory over North Florida on Friday night.
The Dolphins (12-8, 8-3 Atlantic Sun Conference), who have won 11 of their last 12 games, are in the league title race after an 0-3 start.
Colbert was 5-for-10 from the field and 12-for-14 from the line. Ben Smith, who has scored in double figures for 16 straight games, and Ayron Hardy had 13 points each for Jacksonville, which shot 35.5 percent from the field (22-for-62) compared to 37.5 percent (18-for-48) for the Ospreys.
North Florida (10-12, 5-7) led 19-13 when the Dolphins used a 16-5 run to lead 29-24 with 2:45 to go in the first half. Jacksonville built a 44-32 second-half lead and the Ospreys could get no closer than six the rest of the way.
David Jeune was the only North Florida player in double figures with 14 points.
- Morehead State beats Jacksonville State 82-71 Feb 27
- Former Jacksonville basketball standout Morgan dies at 67 Jan 15
- Jacksonville takes down Thomas (Ga) 92-64 Nov 23
- Robert Morris rallies past North Florida in First Four Mar 18
- Colonials and Ospreys clash in NCAA Tournament Mar 18
- Ospreys and Spartans collide in A-Sun title bout Mar 8
- Jacksonville turns to Jasick Apr 9
- No. 5 Michigan State cruises past North Florida Dec 17
- Weary Ospreys come calling on fifth-ranked Spartans Dec 17
- No. 7 Ohio State crushes North Florida Nov 29
- Ospreys challenge undefeated Buckeyes Nov 29
- No. 15 Florida cruises past Jacksonville Nov 25