Howard leads Butler past Wisconsin-Green Bay 75-57Jan 30, 2010 - 4:26 AM GREEN BAY, Wis.(AP) -- Matt Howard scored 14 of his team-high 18 points in the second half as Butler pulled away for a 75-57 victory over Wisconsin-Green Bay on Friday night.
The Bulldogs (17-4, 10-0 Horizon League) used a balanced attack to win their ninth straight. Five players scored at least nine points each for Butler.
The Phoenix (15-8, 7-4) got a game-high 24 points from Rahmon Fletcher, but no teammate reached double figures.
Despite foul trouble limiting leading scorer Gordon Hayward and Howard to six minutes apiece, the Bulldogs managed a 33-29 halftime lead.
The Bulldogs scored the final six points of the first half and opened the second half with a 13-3 run to extend to a comfortable lead. The Phoenix was held without a field goal for nearly nine minutes during that stretch.
- Butler basketball coach agrees to contract extension May 18
- Butler fills assistant coaching void with hire of Schrage May 12
- Butler adds graduate transfer Avery Woodson to roster Apr 25
- Butler partners with bone marrow registry in Smith's honor Mar 18
- Shut out of NCAA games, Butler's mascot hard at work outside Mar 18
- No. 1 seed Virginia prepares for 2nd-round test from Butler Mar 18
- Texas A&M aims for respect in first NCAA tourney since 2011 Mar 17
- Smith leads 5th school to NCAAs as Texas Tech faces Butler Mar 16
- Emotional season helps Butler finds its way to NCAA tourney Mar 15
- Green Bay announcer says game ejection was misunderstanding Mar 9
- No. 16 Providence rallies late, downs No. 18 Butler 71-68 Jan 19
- Green Bay pulls away from Morehead State in 2nd half, 78-72 Dec 28