Martin lifts Wagner past Sacred Heart 74-73Jan 30, 2010 - 8:44 PM STATEN ISLAND, N.Y.(AP) -- Chris Martin scored on a driving layup with 6 seconds left to lift Wagner to a 74-73 win over Sacred Heart on Saturday.
Martin, who went 10-for-18 from the floor and 6-for-10 from beyond the arc, finished with 28 points and three assists for the Seahawks (4-19, 2-8 Northeast Conference).
Danny Mundweiller scored 12 points and Tyler Murray had seven points and eight assists for Wagner, which trailed 73-70 with 1:34 left in the second half after Sacred Heart's Jerrell Thompson hit a 3-pointer.
But the Pioneers (12-9, 5-5) scored no more as Michael Orock scored on a layup and Martin followed with his game-winning basket to give Wagner the victory.
Corey Hassan led Sacred Heart with a game-high 36 points, hitting 12 of 17 shots from the floor and 10 of 12 from the 3-point line. Liam Potter and Ryan Litke each had 11 points. Litke also had seven assists.
- NCAA BB
SACRED HEART 73
WAGNER 74 FINAL
Jan 30 2:07 PM
- NCAA BB
SACRED HEART 39
WAGNER 39 HALFTIME
Jan 30 12:57 PM
- Top-seeded Wagner tops Robert Morris 59-50 in NEC tourney Mar 2
- Wagner beats Robert Morris 62-54 behind Carey Feb 27
- Pryor leads Robert Morris over Sacred Heart 73-63 Feb 25
- Wagner edges Robert Morris 72-69 Jan 4
- Sacred Heart rallies to beat Robert Morris 69-65 Jan 2
- Russell leads No. 20 Ohio State in rout of Sacred Heart Nov 23
- Buckeyes play host to Pioneers Nov 23
- No. 8 Syracuse downs Wagner in home opener Nov 18
- Wagner takes on No. 8 Syracuse Nov 18
- Bashir Mason takes over Wagner hoops Mar 26
- Hurley leaving Wagner for Rhode Island Mar 20
- Report: Hurley leaving Wagner for Rhode Island Mar 20