South Carolina State defeats Bethune-Cookman 58-55Jan 31, 2010 - 12:16 AM DAYTONA BEACH, Fla.(AP) -- Tyvon Williams scored 13 points to lead South Carolina State to a come-from-behind 58-55 win over Bethune-Cookman on Saturday.
Carrio Bennett and Jason Flagler added 10 apiece for the Bulldogs (10-8, 4-3 Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference).
The Wildcats (12-9, 5-3), who led 32-26 at halftime, were led by Albert Abrahams with 15 points and C.J. Reed with 14.
South Carolina State, which has won three of its last four games, trailed most of the way, taking the lead for good, 45-44, on Flagler's inside basket with 8:02 to play.
Flagler's bucket came during a 14-2 run, which put the Bulldogs up 50-44 with 6:39 left.
Bethune-Cookman closed to 56-55 on a Kevin Dukes steal and lay-in with 2:11 remaining. But Khalif Toombs' driving basket provided the final margin with 18.2 seconds to play.
- NCAA BB
S CAROLINA ST 58
BETHUNE COOKMAN 55 FINAL
Jan 30 6:31 PM
- NCAA BB
S CAROLINA ST 26
BETHUNE COOKMAN 32 HALFTIME
Jan 30 5:21 PM
- Bethune-Cookman beats Trinity Baptist 108-54 in opener Nov 13
- No. 9 Virginia cruises past SC State Nov 18
- SC State faces tall task in bout with No. 9 Virginia Nov 18
- Hot shooting leads Michgian past South Carolina State Nov 12
- SC State pays visit to No. 7 Michigan Nov 12
- No. 12 Missouri wallops South Carolina State Dec 18
- South Carolina State comes calling on Missouri Dec 17
- Norfolk State earns 1st NCAA tourney bid by besting Bethune-Cookman Mar 10
- MEAC title up for grabs in Winston-Salem Mar 10
- No. 15 Pittsburgh holds off SC State Dec 17
- SC State comes calling on No. 15 Pittsburgh Dec 17
- No. 6 Baylor stays perfect with win over Bethune-Cookman Dec 15