Long leads George Mason past James Madison 70-68Jan 30, 2010 - 7:33 PM FAIRFAX, Va.(AP) -- Cam Long scored 23 points and George Mason tied a school record with its 17th straight home victory Saturday over a conference opponent with a 70-68 win over James Madison.
Long topped 20 points for the fourth time in five games for the Patriots (15-7, 10-1 Colonial Athletic Association), who held on after building a 12-point second-half lead for their seventh consecutive win.
Denzel Bowles had 20 points, 13 rebounds and six assists for the Dukes (10-12, 3-8). He has eight double-doubles in the 14 games this season.
James Madison made a run late as Trevon Flores hit a 3-pointer to cut the lead to 69-66 with 52 left and Julius Wells hit two foul shots to bring the Dukes to within one point with 4 seconds to play.
But Long was fouled on the ensuing possession, hit one-of-two free throws and a desperation heave by Ben Louis was off the mark at the buzzer.
- NCAA BB
GEORGE MASON 70 FINAL
Jan 30 2:07 PM
- NCAA BB
GEORGE MASON 33 HALFTIME
Jan 30 12:51 PM
- James Madison hires alum Louis Rowe as men's hoops coach Mar 31
- Matt Brady out at James Madison as men's basketball coach Mar 14
- George Mason senior Patrick Holloway suspended for 6 games Nov 10
- George Mason hires Bucknell's Paulsen as coach Mar 30
- George Mason dismisses Paul Hewitt Mar 16
- Short-handed VCU handles George Mason Feb 5
- George Mason entertains No. 18 Virginia Commonwealth Feb 4
- Oklahoma downs George Mason Dec 31
- 18th-ranked Sooners play host to Patriots Dec 31
- Buckeyes beat up on Dukes Nov 28
- Virginia cruises past JMU in opener Nov 15
- Instate foes collide as Cavs take on Dukes Nov 14