Florida A&M edges Winston-Salem 75-69Jan 31, 2010 - 3:55 AM TALLAHASSEE, Fla.(AP) -- Brandon Bryant scored 20 points and Florida A&M held off Winston-Salem State down the stretch to take a 75-69 victory on Saturday night.
Bryant was 7-for-9 from the field and hit three 3-pointers as the Rattlers (5-15) shot 53.5 percent from the field (23-for-43) to win for the second time in three games.
Florida A&M had a 47-32 lead with 15:11 to play, but Winston-Salem State cut the deficit to five points three times in the final 5 minutes. Shelton Carter's 3-pointer cut the Rattlers' lead to 70-65 with 50 seconds left, but Rasheem Jenkins hit two free throws with 48 seconds to play to push the lead to 72-65.
Florida A&M built a 40-22 halftime lead by shooting 53.8 percent from the field (14-for-26) in the first half.
Amin Stevens added 11 points for the Rattlers.
Paul Davis scored 18, Carter added 17 and Brian Fisher had 16 for Winston-Salem State (7-11).
- Florida A&M holds off Thomas (Ga.) 70-68 behind Bernard Nov 19
- Bethune-Cookman defeats Florida A&M 64-53 in MEAC Mar 9
- Florida A&M rallies to beat Bethune-Cookman 69-64 Mar 5
- Winston-Salem defeats SC State 61-59 Mar 4
- South Carolina St. beats Florida A&M 91-65 Mar 1
- Bethune-Cookman tops Winston-Salem 66-45 Mar 1
- Florida A&M defeats Winston-Salem State 75-61 Feb 27
- Winston-Salem State tops North Carolina A&T 79-74 Feb 22
- Simpson propels Hampton past Florida A&M 70-61 Feb 22
- Florida A&M edges Howard 72-67 in OT Feb 20
- Norfolk State defeats Winston-Salem State 74-50 Feb 20
- Winston-Salem defeats Coppin State 70-60 Feb 15