Davidson holds off The Citadel 67-63 in overtimeJan 31, 2010 - 2:46 AM DAVIDSON, N.C.(AP) -- Jake Cohen scored 18 points and Brendan McKillop had 17 as Davidson overcame an early 15-point deficit to beat The Citadel 67-63 in overtime on Saturday night.
The Wildcats (11-11, 6-4 Southern Conference) trailed 27-12 with 8:05 left in the first half, then used a 21-6 run, capped by a McKillop 3-pointer, to tie the game at 33 at the break.
The second half went back and forth, with the Bulldogs (10-12, 4-6) leading by six and Davidson by four. A McKillop layup with 58 seconds left was the last score in regulation.
In overtime, The Citadel pulled ahead 61-57 on a jumper by Cameron Wells and a layup by Bryan Streeter. After McKillop nailed a 3, Wells hit another jumper. Cohen answered with a layup and McKillop hit another 3 to take the lead for good with 55 seconds left. Cohen's two free throws sealed the win.
Wells led the Bulldogs with 22 points on 7-for-11 shooting.
- NCAA BB
THE CITADEL 57
DAVIDSON 57 FINAL
Jan 30 9:08 PM
- NCAA BB
THE CITADEL 33
DAVIDSON 33 HALFTIME
Jan 30 7:57 PM
- Citadel hires VMI coach Baucom Mar 30
- White dominates as Iowa downs Davidson Mar 21
- South Region pits Hawkeyes against Wildcats Mar 20
- VCU beats Davidson to reach A-10 title game Mar 14
- Rams and Wildcats collide in A-10 bout Mar 14
- No. 24 Davidson beats La Salle at buzzer Mar 13
- Explorers seek upset of Wildcats in A-10 Tournament Mar 13
- Davidson hands No. 22 Dayton first A-10 loss Jan 20
- Davidson hosts No. 22 Dayton Jan 20
- VCU holds off Davidson Jan 8
- Rams butt heads with Wildcats in A-10 matchup Jan 7
- UVa shakes off slow start, downs Davidson Dec 30