Cornell routs Harvard 86-50 in Ivy League clashJan 31, 2010 - 3:26 AM ITHACA, N.Y.(AP) -- Jeff Foote scored 16 points to lead all five Cornell starters in double figures as the Big Red routed Harvard 86-50 on Saturday night in a clash of unbeaten Ivy League teams.
The loss was Harvard's worst of the season, snapping the Crimson's seven-game winning streak.
Cornell (18-3, 4-0) had its largest margin of victory, eclipsing its 71-37 thrashing of Dartmouth on Friday night.
The Big Red led 38-24 at halftime. Harvard (14-4, 3-1) pulled within 10 with 12:56 left, but Cornell held the Crimson to one field goal for nearly 9 minutes in building a 70-41 lead.
Foote also had nine rebounds, four assists and three blocked shots for the Big Red, while Jon Jaques added 14 points, Louis Dale and Chris Wroblewski scored 13 apiece and Ryan Wittman chipped in 11.
Jeremy Lin led Harvard with 19 points on 6-for-9 shooting, but had eight turnovers and only one assist.
- NCAA BB
CORNELL 86 FINAL
Jan 30 9:01 PM
- NCAA BB
CORNELL 38 HALFTIME
Jan 30 7:57 PM
- Brian Earl hired as Cornell men's basketball coach Apr 18
- Highly rated recruiting class could boost Harvard basketball Dec 19
- Stifling D lifts Cornell over Penn State-Harrisburg, 76-47 Nov 23
- Harvard, Stanford to face off in 2016 hoops opener in China Nov 13
- Jackson's dunk helps UNC top Harvard Mar 20
- Tar Heels take aim at Crimson in second round Mar 19
- Harvard edges Yale in thriller for Ivy League title Mar 15
- Virginia dominates Harvard Dec 21
- Harvard hits road to challenge No. 6 Virginia Dec 21
- Holy Cross shocks Harvard Nov 16
- Beantown brawl pits Crimson against Crusaders Nov 16
- Chambers, Saunders lead No. 25 Harvard past MIT Nov 15