Siena beats Marist 79-60 for 13th straight winJan 31, 2010 - 1:38 AM POUGHKEEPSIE, N.Y.(AP) -- Alex Franklin finished with 22 points and seven rebounds and Siena extended Division I's longest winning streak to 13 games with a 79-60 victory over Marist on Saturday.
The Saints (19-4, 12-0 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference) equaled their best conference start, which was set last year, and improved to 36-2 in their past 38 MAAC games.
It is the program's longest winning streak since winning 14 in a row in 1988-89.
Siena never trailed and led by double figures for the final 16:05. The Saints shot 60 percent from the field (29-for-48) and held an opponent to 61 points or fewer for the fourth straight game.
Franklin finished 8-for-9 from the field. Ryan Rossiter had 16 points and 10 boards, Edwin Ubiles scored 15 and Ronald Moore dished out 11 assists for Siena.
Korey Bauer scored 18 and Daye Kaba added 17 points for Marist (1-21, 1-11).
- Siena's Ogunyemi won't have to sit out after transfers Oct 30
- Siena extends Patsos' contract Jun 18
- Marist hires Maker to replace Bower Jun 17
- Siena downs Fresno State in CBI final Apr 5
- Bulldogs and Saints meet in CBI rubber match Apr 5
- Fresno State routs Siena, ties CBI Apr 2
- Siena seeks CBI crown in showdown with Fresno State Apr 2
- Saints and Bulldogs square off in CBI title series Mar 31
- Memphis rolls to win over Siena Nov 29
- Siena faces tall task in clash with No. 21 Memphis Nov 28
- Marist names Bower men's basketball coach Apr 11
- Siena hires Patsos as new head coach Apr 3