St. Francis, NY 56, Robert Morris 74Jan 31, 2010 - 2:57 AM MOON TOWNSHIP, Pa. (AP) -- Karon Abraham scored 23 points to lead Robert Morris in a 74-56 win over St. Francis (N.Y.) on Saturday night.
The Colonials (14-8, 9-1 Northeast Conference) have won seven games in a row. Their win streak started on Jan. 9 with a 67-63 win against St. Francis.
After holding a 34-25 lead at halftime, the Colonials used a 6-0 run early in the second half to jump out to a 46-29 advantage with 13:18 remaining. Robert Morris would go on to lead by double digits for the rest of the contest, as the Terriers (9-12, 6-4) would get no closer than 10 points.
Akeem Bennett led St. Francis with 14 points, nine rebounds and six assists. Ricky Cadell added 12 points in the loss.
The Colonials shot 48.9 percent from the field (23-for-47), while the Terriers shot 34.7 percent (17-for-49).
- NCAA BB
ST FRANCIS NY 56
ROBERT MORRIS 74 FINAL
Jan 30 9:11 PM
- NCAA BB
ST FRANCIS NY 25
ROBERT MORRIS 34 HALFTIME
Jan 30 8:04 PM
- St. Francis Brooklyn holds off Robert Morris 82-72 Feb 20
- St. Francis (BKN) holds off Robert Morris 56-49 Jan 9
- Toole gets extension at Robert Morris Apr 15
- Duke crushes Robert Morris in NCAA opener Mar 21
- Colonials and Blue Devils mix it up in NCAA Tourney Mar 20
- Robert Morris rallies past North Florida in First Four Mar 18
- Colonials and Ospreys clash in NCAA Tournament Mar 18
- Robert Morris downs St. Francis-NY for NEC crown Mar 10
- Terriers take on Colonials in NEC title tilt Mar 10
- No. 6 Tar Heels beat Robert Morris 103-59 Nov 17
- Colonials tangle with sixth-ranked Tar Heels Nov 16
- Mount St. Mary's and Robert Morris meet in NEC title tilt Mar 11