Columbia defeats Dartmouth 63-51 for first Ivy winJan 31, 2010 - 2:46 AM NEW YORK(AP) -- Noruwa Agho had 25 points and nine rebounds and hot-shooting Columbia defeated Dartmouth 63-51 on Saturday night.
Agho and Niko Scott each went 4-for-6 from the 3-point line to help the Lions (7-11, 1-3 Ivy League) shoot 61.5 percent (8-for-13) to snap a five-game losing streak.
Columbia led 50-36 with 5:55 left, but Dartmouth (4-14, 0-4) cut the advantage to 55-50 on Robby Pride's 3-pointer with 1:07 remaining. The Lions, however, hit eight straight free throws in the final minute.
The score was tied at halftime, but Zack Crimmins hit two free throws for 32-31 lead with 15:12 remaining and Agho scored seven consecutive points for a 39-31 advantage.
Columbia led the rest of the game.
Pride finished with 13 points, Jabari Trotter added 12 and Ronnie Dixon added 11 points for Dartmouth, which dressed only nine players and lost its third straight game.
- Columbia hires Jim Engles as new basketball coach Apr 5
- Lo's 8 3s lead Columbia to 78-71 win over Robert Morris Dec 14
- No. 1 Kentucky rallies to beat Columbia Dec 10
- No. 1 Kentucky plays host to Columbia Dec 10
- No. 2 Michigan State holds off Columbia Nov 15
- Lions hit road seeking upset of second-ranked Spartans Nov 15
- Harvard opens Ivy League action with win over Dartmouth Jan 7
- No. 22 Harvard opens Ivy League action against Dartmouth Jan 7
- Defending champion UConn opens season with win Nov 12
- Defending champs open up in Storrs against Lions Nov 11
- St. Mary's Kyle Smith hired as Columbia's coach May 2
- Jones leaves Columbia to take BC job Apr 9