Arkansas State reigns over Denver 73-62Jan 31, 2010 - 3:50 AM JONESBORO, Ark.(AP) -- Brandon Reed scored a career-high 34 points, including making four 3-pointers, to lead Arkansas State to a 73-62 victory over Denver on Saturday night.
The Red Wolves (13-8, 8-2 Sun Belt) have won six of their last seven games and remain at the top of their conference.
The two teams traded the lead nine times in the first 10 minutes, but the Red Wolves pulled ahead for good on a dunk by Brandon Peterson with about 9 1/2 minutes left in the half. They went on to lead by as many as 17 points near the end of the period.
The Red Wolves' Trey Finn finished with 11 points and six rebounds while Martavius Adams added eight points and pulled eight off the boards. Peterson finished with six points.
Brian Stafford led the Pioneers (13-9, 6-5) by scoring 19 points. Nate Rohnert added 11 and Justin Coughlin scored eight.
- Arkansas State fined, vacates win after apparel violation Apr 13
- University of Denver hires Rodney Billups as coach Mar 14
- Denver fires coach Joe Scott after 9 seasons Mar 11
- South Dakota State edges Denver in Summit tourney 54-53 Mar 8
- Rosga, Denver beat Omaha, advance to Summit League semis Mar 7
- Northern Iowa tops Denver on 30 shots Dec 10
- Panthers hit road to take on Pioneers Dec 10
- Murray State remains unbeaten Dec 18
- Red Wolves hit road to challenge undefeated Racers Dec 17
- Cobbs leads Cal over Denver Nov 26
- Golden Bears and Pioneers battle in Berkeley Nov 26
- Kuric, Louisville win big over Arkansas State Nov 22