College of Charleston beats Georgia Southern 90-72Jan 31, 2010 - 1:35 AM STATESBORO, Ga.(AP) -- Andrew Goudelock scored 23 points and dished out six assists to lead hot-shooting College of Charleston to a 90-72 win over Georgia Southern on Saturday.
Willis Hall finished with 18 points and Andrew Lawrence had 14 for the Cougars (14-8, 9-2 Southern Conference), who shot 57.9 percent from the floor (33-for-57) to snap a two-game losing streak.
The Eagles (6-17, 3-7) cut College of Charleston's margin to five points on a jumper by Krzysztof Janiszewski with 13:22 left in the second half. But the Cougars would not allow Georgia Southern to pull any closer, pushing their lead to 76-60 on a jumper by Hall, who went 8-for-9 from the floor.
Goudelock, who went 8 of 14 from the field and hit two 3-pointers, scored on a layup to give College of Charleston an 18-point lead - its largest of the game.
Rory Spencer led Georgia Southern with 26 points.
- NCAA BB
COLL OF CHARLTN 90
GA SOUTHERN 72 FINAL
Jan 30 3:04 PM
- NCAA BB
COLL OF CHARLTN 40
GA SOUTHERN 43 HALFTIME
Jan 30 1:57 PM
- Georgia State makes NCAAs for 1st time since 2001 Mar 15
- Georgia pride and Sun Belt title up for grabs Mar 15
- West Virginia routs College of Charleston Nov 30
- Cougars hit road to challenge 21st-ranked Mountaineers Nov 29
- No. 17 UConn fends off Charleston Nov 20
- Huskies take on Cougars in Puerto Rico Tip-Off Nov 20
- College of Charleston fires Wojcik Aug 5
- Louisville takes care of business in season opener Nov 9
- Defending champion Cardinals open campaign against Cougars Nov 9
- Georgia Southern tabs Byington as men's basketball coach Apr 1
- Georgia Southern dismisses Young after 4 seasons Mar 12
- Brooks leads Davidson to another SoCon title Mar 12