Western Kentucky routs New Orleans 76-56Jan 30, 2010 - 11:11 PM BOWLING GREEN, Ky.(AP) -- Steffphon Pettigrew and A.J. Slaughter each scored 18 points to lead Western Kentucky to a 76-56 rout over New Orleans on Saturday.
The Hilltoppers (12-10, 5-5 Sun Belt Conference) snapped a five-game losing streak. The Privateers (7-15, 2-9), who finished with 25 turnovers, lost their fourth straight.
Western Kentucky shot 48.3 percent from the field (29-for-60), while New Orleans shot 44.4 percent (20-for-45). Both teams shot over 60 percent in the first half.
Freshmen Caden Dickerson scored 14 points and Jamaal Crook had 11 points. Jeremy Evans finished with 12 points and 13 rebounds as all Western starters scored in double figures.
Charles Carmouche was the only Privateer with more than six points, scoring a game-high 23 points. Carmouche went 8 of 14 from the floor, while the rest of the team went 12-for-31.
- NCAA BB
NEW ORLEANS 56
WKU 76 FINAL
Jan 30 5:54 PM
- NCAA BB
NEW ORLEANS 36
WKU 43 HALFTIME
Jan 30 4:54 PM
- Appling leads Spartans to rout of New Orleans Dec 28
- New Orleans hits road to challenge No. 5 Michigan State Dec 28
- Butler downs New Orleans Jan 5
- No. 17 Butler seeks ninth straight win in clash with New Orleans Jan 5
- Troy recovers to defeat Western Kentucky 54-48 Mar 8
- Western Kentucky rallies late for 65-64 victory Mar 7
- Western Kentucky rolls 83-58 in Sun Belt tourney Mar 6
- Arkansas-Little Rock defeats New Orleans, 77-71 Feb 27
- Western Kentucky beats FIU 88-61 Feb 27
- Arkansas State defeats New Orleans, 63-56 Feb 25
- Western Kentucky defeats Fla. Atlantic 78-69 in OT Feb 25
- Western Kentucky defeats Arkansas State 78-76 Feb 21