Johnson's 18 points leads Idaho past Seattle 87-85Jan 31, 2010 - 5:58 AM SEATTLE(AP) -- Steffan Johnson had 18 points and Idaho converted 10 of 12 free throws in the final 2 1/2 minutes to hold on and beat Seattle 87-85 on Saturday night.
Luciano de Souza hit two free throws with 28.8 seconds to play to give the Vandals an 82-78 cushion.
Seattle (9-13) kept sending Idaho (10-10) to the line, but the Vandals hit 9-of-10 free throws, including four by Kashif Watson in the final 20 seconds.
Taylor Olson drilled a 3-pointer from the left corner to pull Seattle within one with 1.1 seconds left to play. After Idaho hit 1-of-2 free throws, the Redhawks were unable to get away a final shot attempt.
Charles Garcia had 23 points and eight rebounds to lead Seattle.
- NCAA BB
SEATTLE 85 FINAL
Jan 31 12:31 AM
- NCAA BB
SEATTLE 41 HALFTIME
Jan 30 11:08 PM
- Eastern Washington's college basketball game postponed Nov 17
- New Mexico State cruises past Seattle to win WAC Mar 15
- Aggies go for fourth straight WAC title against Seattle Mar 14
- New Mexico State wins 3rd straight WAC title Mar 16
- Vandals and Aggies to decide WAC Tournament champion Mar 15
- Idaho will return to Big Sky Conference Oct 19
- Scott's 33 helps Virginia escape Seattle with win Dec 22
- No. 24 Cavaliers take on Redhawks in Seattle Dec 21
- Idaho hands No. 21 Utah State first WAC loss Feb 10
- Nevada rolls past Idaho 87-71 in WAC quarterfinal Mar 12
- Seattle's Garcia declares for NBA draft Mar 8
- Johnson leads Idaho past Hawaii 78-69 Mar 6