Lipscomb nips East Tennessee State 85-84 in OTJan 31, 2010 - 12:16 AM JOHNSON CITY, Tenn.(AP) -- Jordan Burgason hit a jumper with four seconds remaining in overtime and Lipscomb beat East Tennessee State 85-84 on Saturday.
Josh Slater had a career-high 35 points, Adnan Hodzic added 22 points and 12 rebounds, and Burgason scored 16 for the Bisons (11-10, 8-4 Atlantic Sun Conference), who won their second straight and move into second place in the conference. The win avenges a last-second, one-point loss to the Pirates on Jan. 21.
Hodzic has hit double figures in 48 straight games, the longest active streak in the nation. Slater is averaging 29 points over the past three games.
East Tennessee State had won eight of the previous nine games in the series.
Tommy Hubbard led the Pirates (11-11, 7-4) with 22 points and 13 rebounds. Isiah Brown also had a double-double with 16 points and 10 rebounds, Justin Tubbs had 16 and Micah Williams had 13.
- NCAA BB
EAST TENN ST 84 FINAL IN 1ST OT
Jan 30 6:14 PM
- NCAA BB
EAST TENN ST 33 HALFTIME
Jan 30 4:51 PM
- Lipscomb junior guard Williams out for season with torn ACL Dec 15
- Lipscomb beats NAIA Cumberland (Tenn.) 83-53 Dec 10
- East Tennessee State tabs Forbes as new men's basketball coach Mar 31
- No. 9 Texas crushes Lipscomb Dec 17
- Bison battle Longhorns in non-conference fray Dec 16
- Legendary basketball coach Don Meyer dies May 18
- Alexander leaves Stetson to take Lipscomb job May 18
- Sanderson resigns after 14 years at Lipscomb Apr 10
- No. 4 Arizona blasts East Tennessee State Dec 23
- Bucs seek upset of fourth-ranked Wildcats Dec 22
- North Carolina crushes East Tennessee State Dec 9
- No. 20 Tar Heels take on Buccaneers Dec 8