Haley, Maryland-Eastern Shore beat Howard 67-66Jan 31, 2010 - 12:36 AM PRINCESS ANNE, Md.(AP) -- Hillary Haley scored 33 points, including two free throws with 28 seconds left, as Maryland-Eastern Shore edged Howard 67-66 on Saturday.
Haley's free throws gave the Hawks (6-14, 4-3 Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference) a 67-60 lead. The Bison (6-16, 5-3) made it close as Curtis White hit a 3-pointer with 13 seconds left and another with 4 seconds remaining, but they were unable to get the ball again.
Haley scored 20 of his points in the second half, including three consecutive 3-pointers that turned a one-point lead into a 10-point lead, 57-47, with 8:10 to play.
Tim Burns scored all 14 of his points for the Hawks in the first half, when they took a 42-34 lead.
White had 17 points and Dadrian Collins 14 to lead the Bison, who were just 6-for-15 on free throws to the Hawks' 11-for-18.
- NCAA BB
MD EASTRN SHORE 67 FINAL
Jan 30 6:24 PM
- NCAA BB
MD EASTRN SHORE 42 HALFTIME
Jan 30 5:17 PM
- No. 15 VCU beats UMES 106-66 Nov 20
- Rams butt heads with Hawks in Legends Classic Nov 20
- No. 12 Villanova eases past Maryland-Eastern Shore Nov 18
- Hawks hope to soar past Wildcats Nov 17
- UMES hires Collins to replace Allen Apr 8
- UMES, Allen part ways after six seasons Mar 12
- Kilpatrick helps Bearcats dominate Hawks Dec 8
- No. 11 Bearcats battle Hawks Dec 8
- No. 17 Kansas downs Howard Dec 30
- Kansas welcomes Howard to Lawrence Dec 29
- Virginia cruises to 9th straight win Dec 27
- Hawks pay visit to 23rd-ranked Cavaliers Dec 27