Detroit knocks down Illinois-Chicago 76-73Jan 31, 2010 - 12:26 AM DETROIT(AP) -- Chase Simon picked up his second double-double of the season, scoring 20 points and grabbing 10 rebounds to lead Detroit to a 76-73 win over Illinois-Chicago on Saturday.
The Titans (14-8, 7-4 Horizon) were down 36-38 at the half but opened up the second period with a 16-0 run, taking a lead they never gave back.
Simon scored 13 of his points in the second half to make it the sixth game in a row in which he led the Titans in scoring. His last double-double, the first of his career, was on Jan. 14 against Milwaukee.
Xavier Keeling added 14 points for the Titans while Thomas Kennedy scored 11.
Jeremy Buttell of the Flames (5-16, 1-10) led the game in scoring with 23 points. Zavion Neely helped out with 16 points and Robo Kreps added 11.
- NCAA BB
ILLINOIS CHI 73
DETROIT 76 FINAL
Jan 30 6:07 PM
- NCAA BB
ILLINOIS CHI 38
DETROIT 36 HALFTIME
Jan 30 4:51 PM
- UIC hires McClain as men's basketball coach Mar 23
- Illinois-Chicago fires Moore Mar 10
- Wichita State rallies past Detroit Dec 13
- Titans seek upset of 11th-ranked Shockers Dec 13
- No. 24 Michigan pulls away to beat Detroit Nov 20
- Intrastate rivals collide, as Titans visit Wolverines Nov 20
- Calhoun, UConn rout Detroit Nov 14
- Huskies host Titans in 2K Sports Classic Nov 14
- UIC gives Moore contract extension Apr 17
- Detroit-Temple men's hoops game postponed Dec 27
- Boeheim earns 900th win as Syracuse holds off Detroit Dec 17
- Boeheim goes in search of win No. 900 Dec 17