Central Michigan defeats Bowling Green 64-52Jan 31, 2010 - 3:55 AM BOWLING GREEN, Ohio(AP) -- Jalin Thomas had 16 points and 10 rebounds for his second double-double of the season as Central Michigan defeated Bowling Green 64-52 on Saturday night.
Jordan Bitzer added 12 points, eight boards and four assists for the Chippewas (10-9, 5-2 Mid-American Conference) and Chris Kellermann came off the bench to add 10 points and four rebounds.
Trailing 16-13, Central Michigan went on a 15-1 run to take control of the game and led 28-21 at halftime.
The Chippewas increased the lead to 38-23 with 16:15 left, then the Falcons (10-9, 3-4) cut the deficit to nine points twice, the last time with 12:12 to go. They could get no closer as Central Michigan enjoyed a double-digit lead the rest of the way to guarantee coach Ernie Zeigler his fourth straight 10-win season.
Scott Thomas scored 13 points and Erik Marschall had 11 for Bowling Green, which made 1 of 11 3-pointers.
- Bowling Green fires men's hoops coach for conduct breach Apr 2
- Buffalo downs Central Michigan for MAC title Mar 14
- Bulls lock horns with Chippewas in MAC title Mar 14
- Jans named head coach at Bowling Green Mar 24
- Reports: Bowling Green to hire Wichita State's Jans Mar 23
- Bowling Green fires Orr Mar 11
- Balanced Badgers hammer Bowling Green Nov 22
- 12th-ranked Badgers set sights on Falcons Nov 21
- No. 2 Michigan holds off Central Michigan Dec 29
- Wolverines hope to avoid upset in clash with Chippewas Dec 29
- No. 20 Michigan State gets by Bowling Green Dec 19
- 20th-ranked Spartans hit the road to face Falcons Dec 18