Bucknell defeats cold-shooting Army 55-48Jan 31, 2010 - 3:26 AM LEWISBURG, Pa.(AP) -- Mike Muscala scored 13 points and Bucknell defeated Army 55-48 on Saturday night after holding the Black Knights without a field goal over a stretch of 10:13 late in the second half.
In a game that was tied 11 times, the Bison (9-14, 4-3 Patriot League) took the lead for good with an 11-2 run that made it 37-33 with 12:37 remaining. The win was Bucknell's third straight.
After the Black Knights (12-9, 2-5) got within 39-37 with 10:22 left, they missed their next 12 shots before Julian Simmons hit a layup with 10 seconds remaining.
Bucknell shot just 32.8 percent (19-for-58), including 1-for-18 on 3-pointers, but Army finished with a season-low 31.1 percent (14-for-45) from the floor, including 23.1 percent (6-for-26) in the second half.
Cleveland Richard led Army with 15 points, making 8 of 9 free throws, and Simmons had 11 points.
- Bucknell downs Robert Morris, 81-76 Nov 18
- Okafor, No. 4 Duke beat Army Nov 30
- No. 4 Duke plays host to Army Nov 30
- No. 12 Villanova holds off Bucknell Nov 20
- Villanova and Bucknell clash in Legends Classic Nov 20
- Irvin, No. 24 Michigan rout Bucknell Nov 18
- Bison battle Wolverines in Legends Classic melee Nov 17
- Army extends contracts of Spiker, Magarity Aug 20
- Bucknell rewards Paulsen with new deal Mar 28
- Late run lifts Butler past Bucknell Mar 21
- Bison, Bulldogs square off in East Regional action Mar 20
- Bucknell bests Lafayette for Patriot crown Mar 13