Presbyterian beats Charleston Southern 58-51Jan 31, 2010 - 3:24 AM CLINTON, S.C.(AP) -- Travis Smith scored a career-high 22 points, leading Presbyterian to a 58-51 win over Charleston Southern on Saturday night.
Jake Troyli added 15 points for the Blue Hose (4-19, 2-9 Big South Conference), who snapped a four-game losing skid.
Presbyterian's Chase Holmes saw a scoring streak of 47 consecutive games come to an end, though, as he didn't take a shot in his 5 minutes of play.
The Blue Hose led 32-25 at halftime, but Charleston Southern went on an 8-0 run to cut the Blue Hose lead to three points as late as 3:49.
With 28 seconds remaining and Presbyterian up by three, Charleston Southern's Kelvin Martin went to the foul line and missed both opportunities. Presbyterian's Walt Allen then missed his pair, but a rebound by Hargrave gave Smith a chance at the line. He hit his shots for the win.
Kenny Mitchell scored 13 points for the Buccaneers (10-11, 6-5).
- NCAA BB
CHARLESTON SOU 51
PRESBYTERIAN 58 FINAL
Jan 30 9:21 PM
- NCAA BB
CHARLESTON SOU 25
PRESBYTERIAN 32 HALFTIME
Jan 30 8:21 PM
- Murray free throws allow Presbyterian to top Piedmont, 69-65 Dec 19
- Colorado State cruises past Charleston Southern Dec 23
- Okafor makes NCAA debut, Duke routs Presbyterian Nov 15
- Blue Devils take on Blue Hose is season debut Nov 14
- Baylor holds off Charleston Southern Nov 21
- Plenty of points expected in bout between Bucs and Bears Nov 20
- Bairstow leads Lobos over Buccaneers Nov 17
- Bucs and Lobos mix it up at The Pit Nov 17
- Liberty wins Big South, going dancing with 20 losses Mar 10
- Buccaneers and Flames battle for Big South crown Mar 10
- McDermott, No. 15 Creighton pummel Presbyterian Nov 18
- Blue Hose face uphill climb in clash with 15h-ranked Bluejays Nov 18