Columbia Union 90, Longwood 112Jan 31, 2010 - 2:33 AM FARMVILLE, Va. (AP) -- Dana Smith had 24 points and 11 rebounds to lead three Longwood players with 20 or more points as the Lancers defeated Washington Adventist 112-90 on Saturday.
Aaron Mitchell scored a career-high 21 points and Antwan Carter had career highs of 20 points and 19 rebounds for the Lancers (5-16). They set season highs for points, field goals (44), rebounds (60) and assists (33) to snap a three-game losing streak.
Smith recorded his sixth double-double of the season and Carter had his fourth.
Longwood, which outrebounded Division II Washington Adventist 60-28, led 15-2 and 30-12 before taking a 63-36 advantage into halftime.
Kevin Swecker and Billy Robinson Jr. added 10 points each for Longwood.
Jamie Newton scored 31 points and had seven assists for Washington Adventist. Antonio Ortega had 13, Shane Brown added 11 and Darrick Williams scored 10.
- Gillian resigns as Longwood men's hoops coach Mar 14
- Porter, Georgetown rout Longwood Dec 10
- Georgetown plays host to Longwood Dec 10
- No. 14 Creighton soars past Longwood Nov 21
- Longwood faces long odds in clash with No. 14 Creighton Nov 20
- Simpson scores 22 as Hampton beats Longwood 95-81 Mar 1
- Longwood knocks off NC Central 83-69 Feb 25
- Curtis leads James Madison past Longwood 96-86 Feb 22
- Longwood starts quickly, tops Savannah State 68-54 Feb 20
- Longwood sinks Southern Virginia 96-77 Feb 17
- North Carolina Central defeats Longwood 81-78 Feb 13
- Longwood defeats Virginia Intermont 101-66 Feb 11