Houston Baptist beats North Dakota 75-65Jan 31, 2010 - 4:40 AM HOUSTON(AP) -- Andrew Gonzalez scored 24 points and grabbed 13 rebounds to carry Houston Baptist to a 75-65 win over North Dakota on Saturday night.
The Huskies (5-16, 4-1 Great West) took the lead in the opening minute and led by as many as 24 points early in the second half.
They were cold from the field, shooting just 38 percent. But they made up for it from the free-throw line, where the team went 28-for-40 (70 percent).
Miles Dixon finished with 17 points and Wendell Preadom added 15.
The Fighting Sioux (4-17, 2-3) fared only slightly better from the field by shooting 40 percent. But Travis Bledsoe led the game in scoring with 25 points while Patrick Mitchell added 13 points and 10 rebounds and Nick Haugen scored 11.
- North Dakota sells Fighting Sioux items to satisfy NCAA Feb 18
- North Dakota beats NAIA's Valley City State 80-59 Dec 17
- Youngstown St. tops N. Dakota 79-69 for Slocum's 700th win Nov 23
- Houston Baptist tops NCCAA Crowley's Ridge 102-62 Nov 16
- Tresnak guides Weber State past North Dakota for Big Sky title Mar 16
- North Dakota takes on Weber State in Big Sky title game Mar 15
- Michigan buries Houston Baptist Dec 7
- Huskies come calling on 22nd-ranked Wolverines Dec 7
- North Dakota comes calling on No. 14 Oregon Nov 30
- North Dakota tangles with No. 12 Wisconsin Nov 19
- Chicago State victorious in Great West Conference championship Mar 17
- Huskies, Cougars set for Great West title clash Mar 16