Montana defeats Northern Arizona, 84-64Jan 31, 2010 - 3:54 AM FLAGSTAFF, Ari.(AP) -- Anthony Johnson scored 28 points and Montana beat Northern Arizona 84-64 in Big Sky Conference play on Saturday night.
Johnson scored 25 of his 28 points in the second half and scored 13 straight points at one point in the second frame to spark a 21-3 run by the Grizzlies that broke the game open.
Johnson hit a jumper at the 12:31 mark to tie the game at 45-45 before the Grizzlies (15-7, 6-4) started pulling away.
Montana shot 19 of 25 in the second half (76 percent) and scored 55 points in the half.
Will Cherry added 19 points and a team-high seven rebounds in the win.
Northern Arizona (11-10, 5-5) was paced by Cameron Jones, who had 22 points. DeAngelo Jones chipped in with 14.
The loss snapped a four-game winning streak for the Lumberjacks. The grizzlies have now won 5 of 6.
- Northern Arizona returns 4 players from CIT runner-up team Nov 4
- Evansville claims CIT title over Northern Arizona Apr 2
- Northern Arizona and Evansville clash for CIT crown Apr 2
- Northern Arizona coach suspended for fracas in Big Sky tourney Mar 15
- Harvey, Eastern Washington rally past Montana for Big Sky crown Mar 14
- Grizzlies, Eagles engage in Big Sky title bout Mar 14
- Montana tabs DeCuire to replace Tinkle May 31
- Arizona rolls, remains unbeaten Dec 24
- Lumberjacks hope to chop down top-ranked Wildcats Dec 23
- Montana dismisses Coleman Jun 7
- Syracuse advances in rout of Montana Mar 22
- Orange set sights on Grizzlies in East Regional tilt Mar 20