Cal State-Fullerton defeats UC Irvine 74-68Jan 31, 2010 - 3:59 AM FULLERTON, Calif.(AP) -- Orane Chin scored a career-high 23 points and Jacques Streeter finished with 11 points and 10 assists as Cal State-Fullerton held off UC Irvine 74-68 Saturday night.
Jer'Vaughn Johnson and Devon Peltier each added 15 points for the Titans (10-10, 4-4 Big West), who ended a three-game conference losing streak. Chin also added a career-high eight rebounds.
Eric Wise had a double-double for the Anteaters (9-13, 3-7) with 14 points and 13 rebounds, and Michael Hunter scored a team-high 16 points, all in the second half.
Neither team led by more than nine. The game featured 10 lead changes and seven ties, the last at 61-61 on a Hunter layup with 5:05 to play. Chin then hit a jumper to put Fullerton ahead to stay, and he scored Fullerton's next 7 points including a free throw with 1:42 left for a 68-66 lead.
- NCAA BB
UC IRVINE 68
CS FULLERTON 74 FINAL
Jan 30 9:54 PM
- NCAA BB
UC IRVINE 29
CS FULLERTON 33 HALFTIME
Jan 30 8:44 PM
- Coggins' 19 leads CS Fullerton past CS East Bay, 75-52 Jan 3
- Louisville edges UC Irvine, avoids upset Mar 20
- Anteaters hope to sniff out victory against seasoned Cardinals Mar 20
- UC Irvine tops Hawaii to win Big West Mar 15
- Hawaii and Anteaters battle for Big West title Mar 14
- Arizona runs away from UC Irvine Nov 20
- No. 2 Arizona plays host to UC Irvine Nov 19
- Coggins transfers from Air Force to Cal State Fullerton Jul 30
- Oregon thumps UC Irvine, moves to 10-0 Dec 18
- Anteaters face tall task in clash with undefeated Ducks Dec 17
- Marquette tops Cal State Fullerton Nov 28
- Golden Eagles eye up Titans in Wooden Legacy Nov 28