Cal State Bakersfield tops Cal Poly again, 57-53Jan 31, 2010 - 5:49 AM SAN LUIS OBISPO, Calif.(AP) -- Santwon Latunde had 19 points and 10 rebounds Saturday to lead Cal State Bakersfield over Cal Poly 57-53.
Trent Blakley added 17 points and Stephon Carter had 16 points and six assists for the Roadrunners (4-16), who have beaten Cal Poly twice this season.
David Hanson had 17 points and a career-high 15 rebounds for Cal Poly (8-12). Will Taylor added 12 points and 12 rebounds, tying career highs in both categories.
The Mustangs trailed 32-20 at halftime but climbed within 36-33 on two free throws by Hanson with 12:53 to go in the game.
Cal Poly took its only lead, 44-43, on two more Hanson free throws with 5:29 remaining, but a jumper by Latunde put Bakersfield back on top and the Roadrunners held on down the stretch.
Cal Poly attempted 25 more shots than Cal State Bakersfield, but connected on just 22 of 72 for 31 percent.
- NCAA BB
CS BAKERSFIELD 57
CAL POLY 53 FINAL
Jan 30 11:58 PM
- NCAA BB
CS BAKERSFIELD 32
CAL POLY 20 HALFTIME
Jan 30 10:51 PM
- No. 8 Gonzaga tops Cal Poly Dec 21
- Bulldogs take on Mustangs in Battle in Seattle Dec 20
- No. 16 SDSU beats Bakersfield 51-27 Nov 21
- 16th-ranked Aztecs take on Roadrunners Nov 20
- Shockers crush Cal Poly, move to 35-0 Mar 22
- Shockers tip off tourney run against Mustangs Mar 21
- Cal Poly shuts down Texas Southern to advance in NCAA Tournament Mar 19
- Mustangs and Tigers duke it out for spot in field of 64 Mar 19
- Cal Poly clinches Big West, first NCAA berth Mar 16
- Big West championship game pits Mustangs against Matadors Mar 15
- Oregon routs Cal Poly Dec 2
- Cal Poly seeks upset of No. 14 Oregon Dec 1