Jacksonville defeats S.C.-Upstate 79-63Jan 31, 2010 - 10:35 PM SPARTANBURG, S.C.(AP) -- Ben Smith scored 23 points and Jacksonville defeated South Carolina-Upstate 79-63, the Dolphins' 10th consecutive victory.
Smith was 9-for-10 from the line and Jacksonville (13-8, 9-3 Atlantic Sun Conference) shot 57.6 percent from the floor (19-for-33) in the first half to roll to 44-28 halftime lead. The Dolphins also were 4-for-7 from beyond the arc (57.1 percent) in the first half.
Jacksonville has not lost since dropping a 75-74 decision to Mercer on Jan. 2.
Leading 25-18, the Dolphins went on a 9-2 run to take a 34-20 advantage on Szymon Lukasiak's layup with 5:02 left. The Dolphins pushed their lead to 40-22 on Smith's layup with 4:01 to play.
S.C.-Upstate (3-18, 3-9) had 25 turnovers.
Lehmon Colbert scored 12 and Travis Cohn added 10 points for Jacksonville.
Pat Posey scored 18, Ryan LeGates added 17 and Carter Cook had 10 points for S.C.-Upstate.
- Morehead State beats Jacksonville State 82-71 Feb 27
- Former Jacksonville basketball standout Morgan dies at 67 Jan 15
- Jacksonville takes down Thomas (Ga) 92-64 Nov 23
- Ospreys and Spartans collide in A-Sun title bout Mar 8
- Strong second half lifts Maryland over USC Upstate Dec 13
- 19th-ranked Terps tangle with Spartans Dec 13
- Jacksonville turns to Jasick Apr 9
- No. 15 Florida cruises past Jacksonville Nov 25
- Sunshine State melee pits Gators against Dolphins Nov 25
- Indiana dominates Jacksonville Dec 29
- Jacksonville faces tall task in clash with No. 5 Indiana Dec 28
- USC Upstate gives Payne extension Oct 26