Bowling Green defeats Toledo 58-47Feb 2, 2010 - 3:04 AM BOWLING GREEN, Ohio(AP) -- Scott Thomas scored 14 points to lead Bowling Green to a 58-47 win over Toledo on Monday night.
Erik Marschall and Dee Brown scored 12 points each for the Falcons (11-9, 4-4 Mid-American Conference).
Bowling Green held a 26-20 halftime lead, and opened the second half by nailing three 3-pointers in just over the first 3 minutes. A 3 by Thomas with 16:54 remaining gave the Falcons a 37-24 lead.
The Rockets scored just two points over a 9-minute span, and a 3-pointer from Joe Jakubowski capped 7-0 run by Bowling Green to give them a 46-30 lead with 5:55 remaining.
Justin Anyijong scored 18 points for Toledo (3-19, 0-8), which has lost their past 12 games.
Bowling Green shot 56.4 percent from the field (22-for-39), and 76.9 percent from the free-throw line (10-for-13).
Toledo shot 42.2 percent from the field (19-for-45) and 50 percent from the line (3-for-6).
- Detroit-area gambler sentenced in Toledo sports bribery Oct 1
- Bowling Green fires men's hoops coach for conduct breach Apr 2
- Okafor fuels Duke in win over Toledo Dec 30
- Duke gets back to work against Toledo Dec 29
- No. 15 VCU takes down Toledo Nov 18
- Rockets seek upset of 15th-ranked Rams Nov 18
- Jans named head coach at Bowling Green Mar 24
- Reports: Bowling Green to hire Wichita State's Jans Mar 23
- Western Michigan takes down Toledo to win MAC title Mar 16
- MAC crown to be decided, as Rockets challenge Broncos Mar 15
- Bowling Green fires Orr Mar 11
- Toledo G Drummond suspended Feb 10