Lipscomb beats Campbell 60-59 on last-second 3Feb 2, 2010 - 3:55 AM BUIES CREEK, N.C.(AP) -- Josh Slater hit a game-winning 3-pointer with 2 seconds remaining to lift Lipscomb to a 60-59 win over Campbell on Monday night.
Adnan Hodzic scored 24 points and grabbed 11 rebounds to lead Lipscomb (12-10, 9-4 Atlantic Sun Conference), which won its third straight. Slater added 21 points on 7-for-14 shooting.
The game was tied at 57 when Hodzic missed a layup with 24 seconds remaining that would have given Lipscomb the lead. Jonathan Rodriguez was then sent to the free throw line for Campbell, and drained both foul shots to put the Camels ahead 59-57 with 11 seconds left. Slater than nailed a 3 on the following possession to win the game.
Rodriguez scored 15 points and grabbed 14 rebounds to lead the Camels (12-9, 7-5). Lorne Merthie added 10 points.
- NCAA BB
CAMPBELL 59 FINAL
Feb 1 10:04 PM
- NCAA BB
CAMPBELL 35 HALFTIME
Feb 1 8:53 PM
- Lipscomb junior guard Williams out for season with torn ACL Dec 15
- Lipscomb beats NAIA Cumberland (Tenn.) 83-53 Dec 10
- No. 9 Texas crushes Lipscomb Dec 17
- Bison battle Longhorns in non-conference fray Dec 16
- Russell powers Ohio State over Campbell Nov 27
- Camels hope to get over hump in clash with Buckeyes Nov 26
- Legendary basketball coach Don Meyer dies May 18
- Alexander leaves Stetson to take Lipscomb job May 18
- Campbell tabs McGeehan as head coach Apr 11
- Sanderson resigns after 14 years at Lipscomb Apr 10
- Gardner-Webb moves on with rout of Campbell Mar 7
- Gonzaga thumps Campbell Dec 20