Stephen F. Austin wins in overtime 68-67Feb 4, 2010 - 3:56 AM NACOGDOCHES, Texas(AP) -- Walt Harris scored 22 points as Stephen F. Austin defeated Nicholls State 68-67 in overtime in Southland Conference play on Wednesday night.
Harris made 4 of 6 from 3-point range and scored all seven overtime points for Stephen F. Austin (16-5, 6-2), who won its fifth in a row since last losing to Nicholls State (7-13, 3-5) on Jan. 16, 70-63.
The Colonels were led by Anatoly Bose's game-high 38 points. Bose made 6 of 12 from 3 and 11 of 22 from the field.
The Lumberjacks led by as many as 10 points with just 6:19 left in the game. Kenny Franklin Jr. would score his only 3 points on the night with 3-seconds left to tie the game at 61-61.
Harris hit a 3-pointer with 10-seconds left in overtime to give the Lumberjacks a 68-67 lead. Bose would miss a chance for the victory as he missed a layup as time expired.
- NCAA BB
NICHOLLS ST 67
SFA 68 FINAL IN 1ST OT
Feb 3 10:06 PM
- NCAA BB
NICHOLLS ST 27
SFA 28 HALFTIME
Feb 3 8:44 PM
- Doing it all: Versatile Walkup, Stephen F. Austin face Irish Mar 19
- Pressure! West Virginia, Stephen F Austin match frenetic D Mar 17
- Poeltl helps Utah down Stephen F. Austin Mar 20
- Utes face Lumberjacks in second round Mar 19
- SFA tops SHSU to win Southland tourney again Mar 15
- Lumberjacks and Bearkats go for Southland championship Mar 14
- Wisconsin crushes Nicholls Dec 13
- Colonels face tall task in clash with fifth-ranked Badgers Dec 13
- No. 19 Michigan eases past Nicholls Nov 30
- Wolverines seek redemption in clash with visiting Colonels Nov 29
- UCLA tops Stephen F. Austin for Sweet 16 berth Mar 23
- Lumberjacks face tall task in clash with Bruins Mar 23