Hot Creighton shooters blister Evansville 84-71Feb 4, 2010 - 3:33 AM OMAHA, Neb.(AP) -- Five players scored in double figures as Creighton shot a school-record 67 percent in an 84-71 victory over Evansville on Wednesday night.
Justin Carter led the way with 17 points as the Bluejays (12-11, 7-5) moved into sole possession of third place in the Missouri Valley. The Purple Aces (6-16, 0-12) dropped their 13th in a row.
Josh Jones had 14 points, Antoine Young 12, Cavel Witter 11 and Ethan Wragge 10 for Creighton, which shot 70 percent (16 of 23) in the second half.
Freshman Colt Ryan scored a career-high 31 points for Evansville. His previous high was 26, which came against Creighton earlier this year.
Evansville knocked down 7 of its first 8 3-point attempts while claiming a 38-32 halftime advantage.
Creighton turned up its intensity after the break. The Bluejays scored 15 of the first 17 points of the second half and never trailed after that.
- NCAA BB
CREIGHTON 84 FINAL
Feb 3 10:02 PM
- NCAA BB
CREIGHTON 32 HALFTIME
Feb 3 8:54 PM
- Creighton's Maurice Watson Jr. says he's returning to school May 6
- Starter in 2014-15, Orange's Kaleb Joseph heads to Creighton Apr 18
- Creighton's Maurice Watson continues to prove doubters wrong Feb 10
- Creighton hoping transfers Watson, Huff can spark turnaround Oct 21
- Evansville claims CIT title over Northern Arizona Apr 2
- Northern Arizona and Evansville clash for CIT crown Apr 2
- Georgetown fends off Creighton in Big East quarters Mar 13
- Big East tourney action pits Bluejays against Hoyas Mar 12
- Arcidiacono, Villanova tops Creighton Mar 3
- Creighton seeks upset of No. 4 Villanova Mar 3
- Northern Iowa handles Evansville Feb 25
- Purple Aces hope to play spoiler in clash with Panthers Feb 25