5 hit double digits as Utah State tops Idaho 80-62Feb 4, 2010 - 6:27 AM LOGAN, Utah(AP) -- Brian Green shot 4 of 4 from 3-point range and scored 16 points in 21 minutes to lead Utah State past Idaho 80-62 Wednesday night.
Nate Bendall added 14 points on 6-of-6 shooting for the Aggies (17-6, 7-2 Western Athletic), who won their seventh in a row. Tai Wesley had 13, while Jared Quayle and Pooh Williams each added 11.
Marvin Jefferson scored 17 for the Vandals (10-11, 2-7), Kyle Barone had a career-high 14 and Kashif Watson added 11.
Utah State, which led by 28 points with 4:30 to play, shot 8 of 16 from beyond the 3-point line and outrebounded Idaho 34-23. The Vandals outscored Utah State 41-40 in the second half but dug themselves a deep hole early in the game, shooting only 36 percent in the first half.
The Aggies shot 68.2 percent in the first half before cooling to 48.1 percent in the second.
- Utah State's Jalen Moore to submit name for NBA draft Mar 25
- Utah State downs Union (Tenn.) 73-49 Nov 20
- Utah State coach Stew Morrill to retire at season's end Jan 9
- New Mexico State wins 3rd straight WAC title Mar 16
- Vandals and Aggies to decide WAC Tournament champion Mar 15
- San Diego State routs Utah State in MWC quarters Mar 13
- Aztecs and Aggies square off in MWC quarterfinals Mar 13
- New Mexico pulls away from Utah State Feb 26
- Surging Lobos take on slumping Aggies Feb 25
- Shrigley and Aztecs thump Aggies Feb 19
- Aggies and Aztecs mix it up in Mountain West melee Feb 18
- Thames, Aztecs edge Aggies in OT Jan 26