N.C.-Asheville 54, Charleston Southern 62Feb 5, 2010 - 3:34 AM CHARLESTON, S.C. (AP) -- Jamarco Warren scored 17 points and Charleston Southern defeated North Carolina-Asheville 62-54, extending the Buccaneers' winning streak to four games.
Warren was 7-for-11 from the field and hit three 3-pointers as Charleston Southern (11-11, 6-6 Big South Conference) ended UNC-Asheville's seven-game winning streak. The Bulldogs (10-13, 7-5) shot 42.3 percent from the field (22-for-52), were 2-for-15 from the 3-point line (13.3 percent) and committed 21 turnovers.
Charleston Southern held a 55-50 lead when D.J. Cunningham scored to cut the margin to 55-52 with 2:34 remaining. Tom Tankelewicz hit a 3-pointer and Warren added a jumper for a 60-52 advantage with 1:25 to play.
Tankelewicz and Kenny Mitchell added 13 points each for the Buccaneers.
John Williams led UNC-Asheville with nine points and eight rebounds. J.P. Primm added eight points and eight assists.
- NCAA BB
UNC ASHEVILLE 54
CHARLESTON SOU 62 FINAL
Feb 4 9:24 PM
- NCAA BB
UNC ASHEVILLE 34
CHARLESTON SOU 32 HALFTIME
Feb 4 8:24 PM
- Colorado State cruises past Charleston Southern Dec 23
- Baylor holds off Charleston Southern Nov 21
- Plenty of points expected in bout between Bucs and Bears Nov 20
- Parker and Duke beat up UNC-Asheville Nov 18
- Duke entertains UNC Asheville in NIT Season Tip-Off Nov 18
- Bairstow leads Lobos over Buccaneers Nov 17
- Bucs and Lobos mix it up at The Pit Nov 17
- No. 1 Kentucky beats UNC-Asheville by 32 Nov 8
- No. 1 Kentucky opens season against UNC Asheville Nov 8
- UNC Asheville tabs McDevitt as men's basketball coach Apr 26
- Biedenbach resigns as UNC Asheville head coach Apr 3
- Liberty wins Big South, going dancing with 20 losses Mar 10