Ball State hangs onto 64-59 win over Bowling GreenFeb 5, 2010 - 2:44 AM MUNCIE, Ind.(AP) -- Randy Davis scored a game-high 18 points to help Ball State win its fourth straight by hanging onto a 64-59 victory despite a late run by Bowling Green on Thursday night.
The Cardinals (12-9, 6-3 Mid-American) led almost the entire game, falling behind only briefly midway through the first half.
But the Falcons (11-10, 4-5) came back from a 13-point deficit late in the game and pulled within two points, 59-61, on a 3-pointer by Dee Brown with 13 seconds to go.
It would be the Falcons' last basket, however, as Jarrod Jones put in two more free throw for the Cardinals and Malik Perry added one more from the line.
Jones finished with a double-double, scoring 11 points and grabbing 10 rebounds. Terrence Watson scored 14 points and pulled down nine from the boards.
Brown and Joe Jakubowski led the Falcons with 13 points each.
- NCAA BB
BOWLING GREEN 59
BALL ST 64 FINAL
Feb 4 9:13 PM
- NCAA BB
BOWLING GREEN 24
BALL ST 27 HALFTIME
Feb 4 7:54 PM
- Ball State hangs on to beat Valparaiso 69-66 Nov 28
- Bowling Green fires men's hoops coach for conduct breach Apr 2
- No. 19 San Diego State cruises past Ball State Dec 21
- Cardinals pay visit to 19th-ranked Aztecs Dec 20
- No. 25 Utah takes care of Ball State Nov 15
- No. 25 Utah opens season against Ball State Nov 14
- Jans named head coach at Bowling Green Mar 24
- Reports: Bowling Green to hire Wichita State's Jans Mar 23
- Bowling Green fires Orr Mar 11
- Balanced Badgers hammer Bowling Green Nov 22
- 12th-ranked Badgers set sights on Falcons Nov 21
- Ball State names Whitford hoops coach Apr 6