Austin Peay defeats Tennessee-Martin 74-69Feb 5, 2010 - 4:02 AM MARTIN, Tenn.(AP) -- John Fraley scored 13 points and grabbed 14 rebounds to help Austin Peay defeat Tennessee-Martin 74-69 on Thursday night.
Anthony Campbell chipped in 13 points and 10 rebounds and Wes Channels had 17 points and six assists for the Governors (14-10, 8-4 Ohio Valley Conference).
Austin Peay, which had 16 assists and seven turnovers, outrebounded the Skyhawks (3-18, 0-11) 40-23 and scored 13 second-chance points.
The Governors shot 42.6 percent from the field (26 of 61), including 13 of 26 in the second half (50 percent).
Benzor Simmons' 3-pointer put Tennessee-Martin ahead 3-2 1:29 into the game. The Governors responded on a 14-4 run, and wouldn't trail the rest of the way.
Austin Peay led by as many as 18, 33-15, on Channels' 3-pointer with 2:45 left in the first half.
Marquis Weddle scored 23 points to lead the Skyhawks and Simmons added 17.
- Coach Dave Loos returning as Austin Peay coach Apr 5
- Top-seeded Kansas opens tournament play vs. Austin Peay Mar 16
- Bulldogs seek to ground Skyhawks Dec 22
- Tennesse-Martin tabs Schroyer as new hoops coach Mar 21
- Tennesse-Martin hoops coach James won't return Mar 3
- Memphis cruises past Austin Peay Nov 14
- Tigers finally get underway against Governors Nov 14
- Wright, Cincinnati down UT-Martin Nov 11
- Bearcats battle Skyhawks to begin 2012-13 campaign Nov 11
- Murray State routs Austin Peay Feb 11
- Racers seek turnaround against Governors Feb 11
- Murray State remains perfect in win over Skyhawks Feb 4