Louisiana-Monroe defeats Western Kentucky 67-66Feb 5, 2010 - 4:23 AM MONROE, La.(AP) -- Dynile Forbes scored 22 points, including the game-winning free throw with 1.9 seconds left and Louisiana-Monroe defeated Western Kentucky 67-66 on Thursday night.
The Warhawks (10-14, 5-8 Sun Belt Conference) trailed 66-60 before a three-point play by Tommie Sykes with 1:49 to go. Kenneth Averette's 3 tied it 1:26 later.
The Hilltoppers (12-11, 5-6) held for the last shot, but Lawrence Gilbert forced a turnover and hit Forbes ahead of the play. Forbes then split his foul shots to give Louisiana-Monroe its first ever win against Western Kentucky in five tries.
The Warhawks held on for the win, batting away a desperation long pass.
Rudy Turner scored 11 points and Colby Carr had 10 for Louisiana-Monroe, which snapped a two-game skid.
Jeremy Evans scored 19 points and AJ Slaughter 18 for the Hilltoppers. Caden Dickerson chipped in 10 points for Western Kentucky.
- NCAA BB
UL MONROE 67 FINAL
Feb 4 10:02 PM
- NCAA BB
UL MONROE 38 HALFTIME
Feb 4 8:53 PM
- Minnesota beats Louisiana-Monroe 67-56 Nov 15
- Louisiana-Monroe cruises over McMurry 88-43 in opener Nov 13
- Loyola-Chicago beats ULM for CBI title Apr 1
- Ramblers seek CBI crown in showdown with Warhawks Apr 1
- Loyola beats ULM in CBI opener Mar 30
- No. 8 Florida needs OT to subdue UL-Monroe Nov 21
- Gators seek redemption in bout with visiting Warhawks Nov 21
- No. 3 Ohio State routs Louisiana Monroe Dec 28
- ULM comes calling on No. 3 Ohio State Dec 27
- Wiggins, KU take down UL-Monroe Nov 9
- Wiggins makes debut, as Jayhawks host Warhawks Nov 8
- Stanback leads UNLV past Louisiana-Monroe Dec 20