Morehead State defeats Jacksonville State 94-75Feb 5, 2010 - 5:04 AM MOREHEAD, Ky.(AP) -- Maze Stallworth scored 26 points and grabbed 11 rebounds to help Morehead State defeat Jacksonville State 94-75 on Thursday night.
The Eagles (16-7, 10-2 Ohio Valley Conference), averaging six 3-pointers a game, made a season-high 13 of 27 (48.1 percent) against the Gamecocks (10-12, 5-7).
Morehead State held a 25-7 rebounding advantage in the first half, building a 52-36 halftime lead.
The Eagles outrebounded Jacksonville State 41-20 in the game, which helped lead to 19 more shots than the Gamecocks.
Demonte Harper scored 18 points and Kenneth Faried had his 17th double-double of the season with 12 points and 11 rebounds, before fouling out with 11:16 remaining.
Nick Murphy scored 22 points and grabbed 12 rebounds for the Gamecocks, who shot 55.8 percent from the field (24 of 43). Jeremy Bynum added 15 points and Dominique Shellman 14 for Jacksonville State.
- NCAA BB
JACKSONVILLE ST 75
MOREHEAD ST 94 FINAL
Feb 4 9:20 PM
- NCAA BB
JACKSONVILLE ST 36
MOREHEAD ST 52 HALFTIME
Feb 4 8:18 PM
- Jacksonville State's James Green out as basketball coach Mar 16
- Morehead State beats Jacksonville State 82-71 Feb 27
- Morehead State routs NAIA St. Catharine 105-66 Feb 16
- Racers rally to beat Morehead State in OVC semis Mar 7
- Eagles challenge Racers in OVC semifinals Mar 6
- Offense carries Buckeyes past Morehead State Dec 13
- Eagles and Buckeyes square off in non-conference action Dec 13
- Louisville crushes Jacksonville St. in home opener Nov 17
- Louisville hosts Jacksonville State in Gobal Sports Showcase Nov 17
- Adams, Anderson pace UCLA past Morehead State Nov 23
- No. 22 UCLA plays host to Morehead State Nov 22
- Morehead State suspends Woods for one game Nov 23