Robert Morris 76, St. Francis, Pa. 67Feb 5, 2010 - 3:17 AM LORETTO, Pa. (AP) -- Karon Abraham scored 13 points and Robert Morris went on a late 15-4 run, propelling the Colonials over St. Francis (Pa.) 76-67 on Thursday night.
Chris Johnson dropped in a layup to put the Red Flash up 63-61 with just under 5 minutes to go, but Robert Morris took over from there. Rob Robinson's jumper with 4:26 remaining was the first of nine straight Colonials points that made up their game-winning run.
Russell Johnson added 12 points and Gary Wallace had 11 for the Colonials (15-8, 10-1 Northeast Conference), who stayed atop the conference standings. Robert Morris has won eight straight games and 11 of 12.
Devin Sweetney scored 18 points to lead the Red Flash (7-15, 5-6), who came in with back to back wins. The Red Flash haven't won more than two games in a row this season.
The two teams meet again on Saturday to complete the season series.
- NCAA BB
ROBERT MORRIS 76
ST FRANCIS PA 67 FINAL
Feb 4 9:27 PM
- NCAA BB
ROBERT MORRIS 38
ST FRANCIS PA 43 HALFTIME
Feb 4 8:21 PM
- Toole gets extension at Robert Morris Apr 15
- Duke crushes Robert Morris in NCAA opener Mar 21
- Colonials and Blue Devils mix it up in NCAA Tourney Mar 20
- Robert Morris rallies past North Florida in First Four Mar 18
- Colonials and Ospreys clash in NCAA Tournament Mar 18
- Robert Morris downs St. Francis-NY for NEC crown Mar 10
- Terriers take on Colonials in NEC title tilt Mar 10
- Texas breezes past St. Francis Nov 26
- Longhorns put perfect mark on line versus Red Flash Nov 25
- No. 6 Tar Heels beat Robert Morris 103-59 Nov 17
- Colonials tangle with sixth-ranked Tar Heels Nov 16
- Mount St. Mary's and Robert Morris meet in NEC title tilt Mar 11