Louisiana Tech edges San Jose State 71-64Feb 5, 2010 - 5:00 AM RUSTON, La.(AP) -- Magnum Rolle scored 21 points to lead Louisiana Tech to a 71-64 victory over San Jose State on Thursday night.
Rolle hit consecutive baskets to give the Bulldogs (19-4, 7-2 Western Athletic Conference) a 46-32 lead with 14:20 to play and they never trailed again to win for the second time in three games.
San Jose State (12-10, 5-5) had a 10-0 run to cut the deficit to 50-47 on C.J. Webster's layup with 9:26 remaining, but Jamel Guyton hit a 3-pointer and a free throw, and Kyle Gibson hit two free throws for a 56-47 advantage with 8:34 to play.
San Jose State's Adrian Oliver, the WAC's leading scorer at 22.5 points entering the game, had 22 points, and Gibson, the league's second-leading scorer (21.6) had 18 points.
Olu Ashaolu added nine points and eight rebounds for the Bulldogs, who shot 14-for-28 from the field in the second half.
Justin Graham scored 15 for San Jose State.
- NCAA BB
SAN JOSE ST 64
LOUISIANA TECH 71 FINAL
Feb 4 11:08 PM
- NCAA BB
SAN JOSE ST 26
LOUISIANA TECH 34 HALFTIME
Feb 4 9:58 PM
- Correction: New Mexico-San Jose St story Jan 25
- Tulsa edges Louisiana Tech to win C-USA title Mar 15
- Tulsa takes on Louisiana Tech for C-USA Tournament title Mar 15
- No. 13 San Diego State dominates San Jose State Feb 26
- Aztecs tangle with Spartans in MWC affair Feb 25
- No. 7 SDSU routs San Jose State Jan 23
- Aztecs and Spartans mix it up in Mountain West melee Jan 22
- Oklahoma State downs Louisiana Tech Dec 14
- Bulldogs challenge seventh-ranked Cowboys Dec 14
- San Jose State hires Dave Wojcik as basketball coach Mar 29
- San Jose State fires men's hoops coach Mar 13
- No. 25 Louisiana Tech downs San Jose State for 18th-straight win Mar 3