UMKC takes 58-56 win over North Dakota StateFeb 5, 2010 - 3:34 AM FARGO, N.D.(AP) -- LaTreze Mushatt scored 17 points, including the go-ahead basket in the final minutes, to carry UMKC to a 58-56 win over North Dakota State on Thursday night.
Mushatt dominated the second half with 11 points, which included the layup with 1:18 to go that put the Kangaroos (10-12, 4-7 Summit) on top for good and helped them snap a three-game slide.
Jay Couisnard grabbed a double-double for the Kangaroos by scoring 18 points and pulling down 13 rebounds. Spencer Johnson helped by snagging 10 rebounds.
Both teams kept the game close with the Kangaroos never leading by more than five points and the Bison (8-14, 5-7) never by more than three. The game saw the lead change hands 14 times and the score tied 10 times.
The Bison's Michael Tveidt led the game in scoring with 20 points. He was the only North Dakota State player to score double digits.
- NCAA BB
NO DAKOTA ST 56 FINAL
Feb 4 9:55 PM
- NCAA BB
NO DAKOTA ST 29 HALFTIME
Feb 4 8:45 PM
- South Dakota State men win Summit championship, 67-59 Mar 9
- North Dakota State edges IPFW in Summit tourney, 69-68 Mar 7
- Werner, N. Dakota St. beat IUPUI in Summit tourney quarters Mar 6
- Dupree returns to North Dakota St 2 weeks after leaving Jan 25
- North Dakota State guard leaves team in dispute over role Jan 12
- North Dakota State beats NAIA Valley City State 69-49 Nov 18
- Gonzaga holds off North Dakota State Mar 21
- Bison and Bulldogs get together in South Regional fracas Mar 20
- Bison edge Jackrabbits in Summit final thriller Mar 10
- Bison battle Jackrabbits in Summit League finale Mar 10
- No. 14 Iowa State coasts to win over UMKC Dec 10
- Kangaroos hoping to bounce past 14th-ranked Cyclones Dec 9