Columbia rallies to beat Brown 65-54Feb 6, 2010 - 2:28 AM NEW YORK(AP) -- Noruwa Agho had 18 points and 10 rebounds and Asenso Ampim scored 11 of his 17 points in the second half as Columbia rallied to defeat Brown 65-54 on Friday night.
The Bears jumped out to an 11-0 lead and led 36-27 at halftime. The Lions (8-11, 2-3 Ivy League) turned up the defensive pressure and took their first lead at 51-49 on an Ampin three-point play with 4:48 left.
Columbia extended its lead to 57-49 on a 3-pointer by Brian Grimes with 2:26 remaining, completing an 18-3 run.
Brown (7-15, 1-4) shot 57.1 percent from the field (12-for-21) in the first half, but was limited to 5-for-20 shooting in the second half.
The Lions also outrebounded Brown 36-29.
Matt Mullery had 17 points and eight rebounds for the Bears. With 994 career points, Mullery will try to become the 23rd player in Brown history to score 1,000 career points on Saturday night at Cornell.
- NCAA BB
COLUMBIA 65 FINAL
Feb 5 8:50 PM
- NCAA BB
COLUMBIA 27 HALFTIME
Feb 5 7:43 PM
- Cal freshman star Jaylen Brown to declare for NBA draft Apr 21
- Columbia hires Jim Engles as new basketball coach Apr 5
- Hall of Fame coach Larry Brown back for No. 10 SMU Jan 11
- Larry Brown not on No. 15 SMU bench after halftime Jan 10
- SMU's Brown set for return after 9-game NCAA suspension Dec 21
- Lo's 8 3s lead Columbia to 78-71 win over Robert Morris Dec 14
- SMU opener marks start of Larry Brown's NCAA suspension Nov 12
- Auburn freshman guard Bryce Brown suspended for opener Nov 12
- Cal freshmen stars Brown, Rabb focused on school first Oct 29
- Top recruit Jaylen Brown picks Cal May 1
- Holy Carmody! Crusaders name their coach Mar 19
- Holy Cross fires Brown after 5 seasons Mar 6