South Dakota routs S. Illinois-Edwardsville 91-69Feb 6, 2010 - 3:20 AM EDWARDSVILLE, Ill.(AP) -- Tyler Cain scored 16 points and South Dakota shot 64.9 percent in defeating Southern Illinois-Edwardsville 91-69 in a nonconference game Friday night.
South Dakota made 37 of 57 shots, and eight of the 10 players shot 50 percent or better. The Coyotes were better from the field than the line, where they were 11 of 21 (52.4 percent).
The Coyotes (13-9), who won for the seventh time in eight games, got 15 points from Louie Krogman, 14 from Steve Smith and 11 from Mitchell Bouie.
Mark Yelovich led the Cougars (3-20) with 22 points. Denykco Bowles added 14 and Nikola Bundalo 10.
South Dakota used a 10-1 run over the final 2:43 of the first half to forge a 43-31 edge at the break.
The Coyotes iced the game when they got consecutive 3-pointers from Krogman and another from Jordan Boots to make it 66-43 with 13:12 remaining.
- NCAA BB
SOUTH DAKOTA 91
SIU EDWARDSVILL 69 FINAL
Feb 5 9:54 PM
roots#1 Cards Fan Added 5 roots
South Dakota 68, Southern Illinois-Edwardsville 43 2nd - 12:50Feb 5 9:27 PM
- NCAA BB
SOUTH DAKOTA 43
SIU EDWARDSVILL 31 HALFTIME
Feb 5 8:54 PM
- IPFW beats South Dakota 86-70 in Summit League quarterfinal Mar 5
- South Dakota takes down Florida Gulf Coast 89-81 in OT Dec 28
- SIU-Edwardsville hires Cal's Harris as coach Apr 3
- Forrester won't return as SIU-Edwardsville coach Mar 10
- South Dakota names James interim coach Sep 7
- South Dakota's Tecker to miss senior season Apr 16
- No. 25 KSU turns it on late, beats South Dakota Dec 31
- South Dakota comes calling on Kansas State Dec 31
- No. 19 Gonzaga thumps South Dakota Nov 18
- Coyotes hoping to knock off 19th-ranked Zags Nov 18
- Bowers paces Mizzou in season-opening win Nov 10
- Murray State remains unbeaten, downs SIU-Edwardsville Jan 22