Drexel runs by George Mason 73-60Feb 7, 2010 - 12:13 AM PHILADELPHIA(AP) -- Chris Fouch scored 17 points, leading four Drexel players in double figures as the Dragons defeated George Mason 73-60 on Saturday.
Jamie Harris added 14 points while Gerald Colds and Samme Givens had 10 points apiece for the Dragons (14-11, 9-4 Colonial Athletic Association), who have won back to back games and five of their last six.
The Patriots looked to run away with the game early, starting off on an 18-8 spree in the opening 10 minutes. But back to back 3-pointers by Harris and Fouch started a 16-2 Drexel run, and the Dragons never trailed again.
Drexel led by five points at the break and outscored George Mason 44-36 in the second half to seal it.
Cam Long and Mike Morrison scored 17 points apiece to pace the Patriots (15-9, 10-3), who have lost back to back games since putting together a season-high seven game win streak.
- Drexel hires Army's Zach Spiker as basketball coach. Mar 25
- Drexel fires coach Bruiser Flint after 15 seasons Mar 7
- George Mason senior Patrick Holloway suspended for 6 games Nov 10
- Lee transfers to Louisville Apr 23
- George Mason hires Bucknell's Paulsen as coach Mar 30
- George Mason dismisses Paul Hewitt Mar 16
- Short-handed VCU handles George Mason Feb 5
- George Mason entertains No. 18 Virginia Commonwealth Feb 4
- Oklahoma downs George Mason Dec 31
- 18th-ranked Sooners play host to Patriots Dec 31
- No. 10 St. Louis holds off pesky George Mason in OT Feb 20
- Patriots face tall task in clash with 10th-ranked Billikens Feb 19