Casto scores 19 as Washington State wins 78-60Feb 7, 2010 - 4:02 AM By NICHOLAS K. GERANIOS Associated Press Writer
PULLMAN, Wash.(AP) -- DeAngelo Casto scored 19 points and blocked three shots as Washington State beat Arizona 78-60 on Saturday, knocking the Wildcats out of a tie for first place in the Pac-10.
Klay Thompson had 14 points and Reggie Moore 12 points for the Cougars (15-8, 5-6), who had lost three straight. Washington State held Arizona to 42 percent shooting to sweep the season series.
Derrick Williams scored 16 points for Arizona (12-11, 6-5), which was coming off a narrow loss at Washington that ended a four-game winning streak. The Wildcats were tied for first with three other teams heading into Saturday's games.
It was Arizona's first game since the university announced Friday that it had placed its men's basketball program on probation for the 2010-11 and 2011-12 seasons for violations by Hall of Fame coach Lute Olson related to an offseason AAU tournament in 2008.
- Pitts transferring from Arizona May 17
- 3 Washington State players declare for NBA draft Apr 15
- Que Johnson decides to leave Washington St basketball team Apr 12
- Arizona guard Allonzo Trier returning for sophomore season Apr 4
- Arizona's Justin Simon transferring after 1 season Mar 28
- Arizona falters against Wichita State, loses 65-55 Mar 18
- Wichita State ready to keep rolling, faces Arizona Mar 16
- Arizona coach Sean Miller fed up with court storming Feb 25
- Trier misses 3 at buzzer, No. 9 Arizona falls to Colorado Feb 25
- Arizona's Miller rips into team after loss to No. 23 Oregon Jan 29
- Freshman Trier to miss up to 6 weeks for No. 7 Arizona Jan 10
- Arizona's Trier coming on strong after talk from Miller Dec 12