Illinois-Chicago defeats Youngstown State, 74-68Feb 7, 2010 - 12:08 AM CHICAGO(AP) -- Zavion Neely scored 23 points as Illinois-Chicago defeated Youngstown State, 74-68, in Horizon Conference play on Saturday.
This win snaps a nine-game losing streak for the Flames (6-17, 2-11). Robo Kreps added 20 points and four steals and Jeremy Buttell grabbed a game-high 11 rebounds and scored nine points for the Flames.
The Penguins (8-15, 2-11) have now lost 7 of their last 8 games. They were led by Andre Mays' 22 points and five assists. Vytas Sulskis had 21 points.
The Flames took a 37-24 lead into the half. Kreps hit a 3-pointer at the 15:31 mark to extend the Flames to the largest of the game at 17, 48-31. The Penguins would battle back and cut the lead to just three with 5:13 left off a Sulskis 3-pointer. The Flames would make 11 of 14 free throws over the final 3:04 to seal the victory.
- NCAA BB
YOUNGSTOWN ST 68
ILLINOIS CHI 74 FINAL
Feb 6 6:11 PM
- NCAA BB
YOUNGSTOWN ST 24
ILLINOIS CHI 37 HALFTIME
Feb 6 4:57 PM
- Youngstown State beats Robert Morris 65-58 Dec 2
- Youngstown St. tops N. Dakota 79-69 for Slocum's 700th win Nov 23
- UIC hires McClain as men's basketball coach Mar 23
- Illinois-Chicago fires Moore Mar 10
- UIC gives Moore contract extension Apr 17
- Illinois-Chicago stuns No. 12 Illinois Dec 18
- UIC coach Collins retires after 14 seasons Jul 20
- Wisconsin-Milwaukee advances in Horizon, 73-67 Mar 2
- Wisconsin-Green Bay ousts Youngstown State 81-67 Mar 2
- Wisconsin-Milwaukee tops Illinois-Chicago 78-74 Feb 27
- Detroit defeats Youngstown State 62-54 Feb 27
- Wright State edges Youngstown State 76-73 Feb 25