Chicago State defeats Texas-Pan American 76-69Feb 7, 2010 - 2:28 AM CHICAGO(AP) -- Carl Montgomery had a double-double to pace Chicago State to a 76-69 victory over Texas-Pan American on Saturday.
Montgomery had 15 points and 11 rebounds for the Cougars (7-17, 2-5 Great West Conference), who had lost 10 of their last 11 games. Kabangu Kasamba and Christian Wall scored 18 points apiece.
Matt Mierzycki had 10 points and 14 rebounds for the Broncs (3-22, 2-4), who lost their sixth consecutive game. Aaron Urbanus scored 17 points and Julius Hearn 15.
An altercation late in the foul-plagued game led to technicals for Steve Martin and Kasamba from Chicago State and Jared Maree and Rico Seagars of UTPA.
Chicago State, which led 33-20 at halftime, went 6 of 19 from 3-point range. The Broncs were 7 of 20.
The Broncs beat Chicago State 63-42 on Jan. 16 but have gone winless since.
- NCAA BB
TX PAN AMERICAN 69
CHICAGO ST 76 FINAL
Feb 6 8:07 PM
- NCAA BB
TX PAN AMERICAN 23
CHICAGO ST 30 HALFTIME
Feb 6 6:22 PM
- Chicago State pulls away from Trinity International, 81-69 Nov 21
- Hipsher to take over at UT-Pan American Apr 4
- Chicago State victorious in Great West Conference championship Mar 17
- Huskies, Cougars set for Great West title clash Mar 16
- No. 10 Ohio State rolls past Chicago State Dec 29
- Chicago State comes calling on No. 10 Ohio State Dec 29
- Texas-Pan American suspends five players Jan 21
- SDSU comes alive late, keeps Chicago State winless Jan 11
- 22nd-ranked Aztecs entertain winless Cougars Jan 10
- Ohio State dominates Texas-Pan American Dec 3
- Broncs face tall task in bout with Buckeyes Dec 3
- Fredette, BYU rout Chicago State Nov 21