Jones lifts Oakland, Mich. past Oral Roberts 79-77Feb 7, 2010 - 1:47 AM ROCHESTER, Mich.(AP) -- Oakland, Mich., opened the second half with a 22-1 run but needed Johnathon Jones' basket with 1 second left to beat Oral Roberts 79-77 Saturday.
Keith Benson gave the Golden Grizzlies a 76-67 edge with 2:06 to play, but Oral Roberts' 10-1 run tied it 77-77 with 14 seconds left. Then came Jones' winner.
Benson's 13th double-double produced 28 points and 11 rebounds for Oakland (18-8, 12-1 Summit League). Larry Wright and Jones, who broke the school record with his 126th game played, scored 16 apiece.
Warren Niles went 7-for-7 in the first half and shot 13-for-16 overall. He finished with 30 points for Oral Roberts (14-11, 9-4), whose five-game league winning streak ended. Dominique Morrison added 19.
The Golden Eagles led 46-33 at halftime. Oakland grabbed its first lead on Blake Cushingberry's 3-pointer for a 49-47 edge. The 22-1 run ended when Wright's 3-pointer made it 55-47.
- NCAA BB
ORAL ROBERTS 77
OAKLAND 79 FINAL
Feb 6 8:10 PM
- NCAA BB
ORAL ROBERTS 46
OAKLAND 33 HALFTIME
Feb 6 6:57 PM
- Oakland University agrees to 3-year, $864K deal with Kampe Apr 11
- Oakland U's Kay Felder hires agent, will stay in draft Apr 8
- Oakland's Felder declares for draft, has not hired agent Apr 5
- S. Dakota St. rallies to beat ORU in Summit League tourney Mar 6
- Oakland beats Robert Morris 92-74 behind Hooper Dec 5
- Wells helps No. 15 Maryland beat Oakland Dec 27
- Terps close out non-conference slate against Grizzlies Dec 27
- No. 3 Arizona routs Oakland Dec 17
- No. 15 Oklahoma routs Oral Roberts Dec 16
- Oral Roberts visits No. 15 Oklahoma Dec 16
- Oakland hits road seeking upset of No. 3 Arizona Dec 16
- Niang guides Iowa State over Oakland Nov 15