Wofford defeats UNC-Greensboro 77-59Feb 7, 2010 - 3:05 AM SPARTANBURG, S.C.(AP) -- Kevin Giltner scored 14 points to lead Wofford in a 77-59 win over UNC-Greensboro on Saturday night.
Junior Salters added 13 points for the Terriers (17-8, 9-3 Southern Conference), who have won four games in a row. Tim Johnson, Noah Dahlman and Jamar Diggs each scored 10 points.
Wofford used an 11-0 run to jump out to a 14-4 lead in the first half, and would go on to lead 39-29 at halftime. The Terriers led by double digits for the entire second half, and built their biggest lead at 19 points after a 3-pointer from Giltner made the score 62-43 with 10:14 remaining.
Ben Stywall finished with 18 points and eight rebounds to lead the Spartans (5-18, 4-8). Kyle Randall added 10 points.
The Terriers shot 57.7 percent from the field (30-for-52), while UNC-Greensboro shot 34.5 percent (19-for-55).
- Wofford wallops ETSU 87-73 as Collins scores 24 Jan 28
- Qualls, Arkansas edge Wofford Mar 20
- West Regional action pits Razorbacks against Terriers Mar 19
- Dancing again: Wofford clinches bid Mar 9
- Furman battles Wofford in SoCon championship game Mar 9
- Duke makes short work of Wofford in ACC tune-up Jan 1
- Second-ranked Blue Devils take on Terriers Dec 31
- Staten, WVU crush Wofford Dec 23
- Terriers set for test with Mountaineers Dec 22
- No. 24 North Carolina drops UNC Greensboro Dec 16
- Tar Heels make short trip to tangle with Spartans Dec 16
- Stauskas, Michigan rout Wofford Mar 21