Western Kentucky defeats Troy 87-69Feb 7, 2010 - 3:50 AM BOWLING GREEN, Ky.(AP) -- Steffphon Pettigrew scored 25 points to lead Western Kentucky to an 87-69 win over Troy on Saturday night.
The Hilltoppers (13-11, 6-6 Sun Belt Conference) never trailed and led by as many as 25 in the second half.
They went on a 16-4 run in the first half to lead 36-19 and led 43-38 at halftime. Pettigrew had 15 points in the first half.
A.J. Slaughter added 17 points for the Hilltoppers, and Sergio Kerusch and Caden Dickerson each had 15.
Western Kentucky made 12 of 26 shots from 3-point range, while Troy (13-11, 8-5) was just 3-for-18.
The Hilltoppers made 17 of 23 free throws, compared to just 4 of 7 for Troy. The Hilltoppers had 19 assists to nine for Troy.
Pettigrew and Jeremy Evans each had seven rebounds as the Hilltoppers outrebounded the Trojans 37-26.
Antywan Jones led the Trojans with 20 points while Brandon Hazzard had 16.
- Troy names Cunningham new men's basketball coach Mar 26
- No. 17 Mississippi State routs Troy Dec 10
- Trojans hit road seeking upset of 17th-ranked Bulldogs Dec 10
- White scores 27 as Ole Miss tops Troy 84-65 in NIT Mar 17
- North Texas 66, Troy 63 Mar 9
- North Texas edges Troy 66-63 for Sun Belt bid Mar 9
- Troy recovers to defeat Western Kentucky 54-48 Mar 8
- Western Kentucky rallies late for 65-64 victory Mar 7
- Troy beats S. Alabama 67-55 in Sun Belt quarters Mar 7
- Western Kentucky rolls 83-58 in Sun Belt tourney Mar 6
- Troy finishes with 64-57 win over Arkansas State Feb 27
- Western Kentucky beats FIU 88-61 Feb 27